Ida Valley Lithium & Gold Project
- The Ida Valley Project comprises two granted Exploration Licences - E29/1053 and E36/1015.
- The Ida Valley Project lies within the northern sector of the Norseman-Wiluna Greenstone Belt in an area previously misunderstood due to a lack of regional mapping and poor access until now.
- The Company looks forward to providing further updates from pegmatite mapping and sampling around the newly identified elevated lithium and pathfinder element areas.
Lithium & Caesium Mineralisation
- Three areas identified to date are:
- Northwest (peak soil values of 144.5ppm Li & 16.15ppm Cs – [BBGA1707]) contains a 1.6km long +10ppm lithium soil anomaly;
- Central (peak soil value of 92.2ppm Li – [BBGA032]) with limited lithium soil sampling north and south; and
- Southern (peak soil values 102.5ppm Li & 49.8ppm Cs – [BBAG509]) 2.5km long +10ppm lithium soil anomaly.
- The Southern anomaly has the highest recorded rubidium value at the project of 402ppm and occurs on the last line of sampling in this area.
- There is a data gap of 2.2km to the north where multi-element assays were not obtained previously given the programme’s focus on gold. None of these areas have been systematically mapped previously.
Ida valley Pegmatites
Photo 1 & 2: Examples of pegmatites at Ida Valley taken during Stage 1 gold RC drilling – June 2021.
- Field logs recorded during soil sampling activities mention widespread outcrops of granite, mafic rocks, pegmatite, pegmatite within granite and pegmatite veining in mafic rocks. Field work due to commence shortly will visit areas of highest lithium, caesium and rubidium soil anomalism.
- The Company’s Ida Valley gold RC drilling programs intersected pegmatites within amphibolite and ultramafic units with only stage 2 RC tested for multi-elements including lithium, with these selected assay results returning no anomalous lithium values from the drilled pegmatites. The Central (~350m) and Northwest (~18km) soil areas are located well away from any previous drilling activities.
Ida Valley historic soil sampling locations and priority anomalies.
Grassroots gold discovery by TechGen along the Ida Fault with a 1km long +5ppb Au soil anomaly (peak of 884ppb Au)
Rock chip samples from the central soil anomaly zone up to 6.6g/t Au.
Best RC drill intercepts to date include:
- 4m @ 4.02g/t Au intersected from 40m in hole IVRC003 (Including: 8m @ 2.30 from 36m)
- 36 metres @ 0.95g/t Au intersected from 52m in hole IVRC002 (Including: 4m @ 1.41 from 60m, 4m @ 1.26 from 72m & 4m @ 2.63 from 84m)
- 8m @ 1.25g/t from 20m IVRC001
- 4m @ 1.63g/t from 52m IVRC011